2. Chemical Name: (1R,2S,5R)-5-Methyl-2-(1-Methylethy)cyclohexanol
3. Molecular Formula: C10H20O
4. CAS No.: 2216-51-5
5. EINECS No.: 218-690-9
6. FEMA No. : 2665
7. Appearance: Colorless, transparent hexagonal or needlelike crystals.
8. Odor: Having characteristic odor of natural menthol obtained from mentha avensis oil.
9. Melting Point: 42-44ºC
10. Specific Rotation: -49°~ -50°
11. Solubility (25ºC): 1g sample can be dissolved in 5ml of 90% (V/V) alcohol forming a clear solution.
12. Assay (GC): 99.5%min
13. Limit of Nonvolatile Residue: ≤0.05%
14. Arsenic Content: ≤3ppm
15. Heavy Metal Content: ≤10ppm (as Pb)
16. Application: Widely used in food, pharmaceutical, tobacco, daily use chemical and cosmetics.
17. Packing: Fibre drum (25kg net); Iron tin (2.5kg net) and a dozen in one carton.
18. Storage: Preserve in tight container, keep in a cool and dry place below 33ºC, avoid sunshine and rain.
19. Shelf Life: 3 years
20. Standards Accord with GB3862-2006, FCC 8, CP2010, JP16, BP2013, EP8.0 and USP36.